Re: xcdroast and 2.6.x kernel in user mode

szerda 01 december 2004 01:08 dÃtummal Alexander Dalloz ezt Ãrta:
> Though the process spits out a lot of warnings, the CD-RW is properly
> burned. Of course it is done as normal, non-root user.

I am using:

FC3 (all updates using apt-rpm)
cdrecord-2.01.1-5
vanilla kernel 2.6.9 (without ide-scsi)

I also tried to burn as normal user, but there was the following failure
notice (xcdoast):

cdrecord: Cannot allocate memory. Cannot get SCS I/O buffer.

So, what is the problem I do not recognize? The same failure occured
with the FC3 kernel (I had to compile a vanilla kernel, in order to be
able to use my Palm Pilot), so it is not because of the vanilla kernel.

Thanks,
--
Anca Tibor-Attila
<anca.tibor@xxxxxx>