Re: OT: fighting rbl's

Paul Howarth wrote:
Having reverse DNS with a non-generic-looking name is also a good way of demonstrating that the IPs are static rather than dynamic.

Wrong. If you have single or only a handfull IP addresses, more often than not your reverse DNS will be generic.

Last week, over on SPAM-L, an Israeli ISP listed their dynamic IP range and *requested* that everyone block it until they could get their outgoing port 25 block in place.

I've probably went too far by saying "all" and "none". Probably should have used "most" and/or "many".

As the OP actually has a static IP, the real solution for that should be to get the incorrect listings fixed, rather than stopping using dynamic IP lists altogether.

I'm seeing people with OP problems too often to be able to agree with you.

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited