Re: XAWTV sound .

Yeah, the line channel is up on aumix. What's weird is that although there is no audio, there is a typical "channel clicking" sound you would normally expect to hear from a TV when changing channels. I am not able to compile the km module from gatos, hence, I do not have a /dev/video, and unfortunately, am not able to use TVtime. I'm forced to use Xvideo instead :(

Brad Alpert wrote:

I am experiencing problems with xawtv on Fedora Core 3 with an ATI All
In Wonder 8500. I am able to receive TV video, however, with no sound. The line-in on my sound card is operational and it seems that the program itself is not outputting audio. Has anyone experienced similar
problems?
*****

I had the same problem.  TVtime works great, though.

I'm running an older Hauppauge Win-TV pci device.  What fixed it for me
was running aumix from a terminal window.  I had noted that every time I
launched xawtv, the "line" slider was zeroed out.

Strange.

Give it a shot, maybe it'll work for you too.

Thanks/Brad