Re: Configuring Xorg to be Intelligent.

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 00:08, Scott Ryan wrote:
> I am trying to configure Xorg for two setups. Currently I have to manually
> change between when my laptop is in the docking station and when it is  out
> of it. In the docking station my monitor supports 2048x1535 @ 75Hz, and when
> it is out of it, it only supports 1400x1050 @ 60Hz. Is there I way I can
> configure Xorg to intelligently detect which config file to use, or is there
> a way of putting both configurations in the same config file?
>
> Many thanks
> --
> Scott Ryan

Ryan,

Does the docking station support DPMS?  I've noticed that when I plug a
monitor into my laptop and restart X it picks a different resolution
than the default.  I presume this is due to incompatibilities between
the connected monitor and the local LCD.

All this said, try adding 2048x1535 to the beginning of your Modes line
in xorg.conf.  Make sure Option "dpms" is in the monitor section and
comment out the HorizSync and VertRefresh lines.  Then restart X.  No
guarantees, but it might work.

Bob...