Re: OT: fighting rbl's

On Tuesday 30 November 2004 14:17, Jerry Gaiser wrote:
> Don't send mail directly from a dial-up IP.
>
> Use your ISP to send mail.
>
> A lot of the spam zombies are coming from dynamic IPs and it's just
> plain sense to reject any email coming directly from those IPs.
>
> Sorry.. No sympathy. I'm using a dial-up connection with a dynamic IP on
> a ISP that has had spam problems and *never* get email rejected.

I maintain mail servers and I use (free) services of black lists. If your IP
is listed, tough.

I'm also on dialup; I use my IAP's mail server to relay my outgoing mail.

Even aside from problems with blacklists, using your IAP's relay makes sense
if you have any volume of mail; your outgoings go quickly to your IAP who
then has to worry about deliveries which _can_ take hours, days sometimes.

Those black lists stop _a lot_ of spam. I get a few a day and dozens a day
<plonked>.

--
Cheers
John