Re: Fedora and Moneydance install Question

Terry R. Grier wrote:

* These are the instructions on how to install moneydance. there are no YUMs for it.
I need/want this program to work with Fedora 3.
I have followed this to the letter. and the files are in the folder.
But at the comand line when I type moneydance I get 'bash: moneydance: command not found'

If you are just typing 'moneydance' and not '/usr/local/moneydance/moneydance', you are not following the instructions to the letter. :-)

*the program runs in Java. I followed the instruction on fedorafaq.org and installed java first.*

Moneydance has its own version of java included in the tarball.

*If this will not work... what program to people use for personal finances? I truly enjoyed using this program.

Did moneydance quit working when you upgraded to FC3? Or, did you upgrade moneydance and the new version quit working?

Once you have downloaded the appropriate package, untar the file into a directory on your system like so:

 %> gunzip moneydance_*.tar.gz
 %> tar xf moneydance_*.tar -C /usr/local

This will create the /usr/local/moneydance directory. We use /usr/local as an example, Moneydance can be installed in any location.

Which version of moneydance are you installing? Did it create the /usr/local/moneydance dir? What does 'ls -l /usr/local/moneydance/moneydance' show you?