Re: Mail Server

On Monday 29 November 2004 09:52, Phil Brooks wrote:
> how should i configure fetchmail? - there seems to be mention of a -MTA
> switch?

It's the default way it operates. Are you sure you've read the docs? This was
explained in condiderable detail when I last looked.

A clause like this
  user brooks is phil here
does name translation.

Note: I have never used fetchmailconf; I was configuring fetchmail before the
gui existed, and even back then the docs explained what you want to do.

> Should I setup a specific user to run the fetchmail command,
>   e.g. at the moment i've setup a user called mailbox which is used for
> the collection of mail.

_I_ run it as root, but operationally there is no need for that. Any UID will
do, it does not need special privilege to read or write anywhere.

--
Cheers
John