Re: No Linux OS Has RTCA DO-178B Certification

Bill Gradwohl wrote:

Robert L Cochran wrote:

... about his observations concerning RTCA

Why do you care?

I ask because I'm building a Lancair IV-P and intend to put a few Linux boxes in the panel.
Why is FAA certification of interest to you?

The Lancair kit photos are very nice -- perhaps you are building the pressurized option?

I don't care what you, specifically, do with your own aircraft. If you can do what you plan to with regard to 'Linux boxes' without risking your own life, the lives of others, and your license, then fine.

It would be fun if I could build such an aircraft, but I have no flying license. And I'm a poor man. Perhaps in the future <grin>.

Bob