Re: gnome v KDE

On 11/28/2004 03:02:48 PM, Terry R. Grier wrote:

Hello All.

gnome vs. KDE ...

Is there a good resource to read to learn the adv. or disadv on these?

Back in the RH 6/7/8 days - I found that KDE was more resource hungry than Gnome - as in didn't do as well in lower memory machines.

I don't think that is true anymore.

It really boils down to a matter of personal choice. Some like KDE better than GNOME, some like GNOME better.

I prefer GNOME, but I won't diss KDE - Knoppix has shown me that KDE is quite capable (Knoppix is the only environment where I have tested a modern KDE), it's just that I prefer GNOME.