Re: FC2 gnome midi player

Craig White wrote:
suggestions for FC-2 midi player for gnome?

Timidity

Nothing in the menu suggests that it can play midi files - how about
with plug-in for Mozilla?

I used to use the UNIX Midi Plugin with Netscape 4.6. I haven't tried it in a while (3 browsers ago). My mozilla seems to be configured to try and use the Crossover QuickTime plugin:

npqtplugin2.dll  for audio/mid, audio/x-midi, and audio/midi

but it didn't work when I tried it. I got a "lot" of garbage written to the console and the printer even spit out a few "blank" pages. B^)

My firefox doesn't seem to have a working plugin for Midi. I tried installing ump.so version 1.1.0 , but it isn't recognized (according to about:plugins) after restarting the browser.

So, I'm guessing its been a few years since I had a working MIDI plugin for my browsers. B^)

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx