Re: gnome v KDE

Terry R. Grier wrote:

Hello All.
Hello Terry

gnome vs. KDE ...

You're about to start a religious war ;-)

Is there a good resource to read to learn the adv. or disadv on these?
Really a user experience thing..I started with KDe but switched to Gnome over the years.
If you come from a Microsoft background, you might prefer KDE, it tends to be more intuitive, mind you the difference is thin nowadays especially with Bluecurve.
I find Gnome more streamlined/slicker but that *personal taste* only

I added KDE on my install of FC3.
I suppose you installed Gnome as well

How do I swtich between gnome and KDE ?
Either at log on (i assume you are using the graphical logon screen)
or use the Desktop switching tool in Preference > More pref

And where do I find addition themes for gnome?
gnome website / google?! not sure on that one, i never bothered, I use the terminal a lot

Thierry

--
A: Because people read from top to bottom
Q: Why is top posting bad?