FC3: Wifi Uninstalled/re-installed after each boot

I had FC3 ethernet/wireless working on my Sharp MM20 until I started playing with home/work profiles. I'm not sure what I changed to break things, but now everytime I boot kudzu tells me that my wireless "card" is gone, and a new one has appeared. Even if I let kudzu uninstall and re-install, the next time I boot the same thing will happen. Likewise if I tell kudzu to ignore the changes.

In /etc/modprobe.conf I can see that eth0 and eth1 are both configured to use the 8139too Ethernet driver and a new eth2 is now aliased to the prism54 driver. Previously eth1 was the wifi. If I fix this by hand, nothing works anymore.

I imagine the first step to getting this under control is to get kudzo to recognize that I am not swapping wifi cards between boots. (There is no card - wifi is built in.)

Can I "Wipe the slate clean" with regards to installed hardware without doing a complete reinstall?

Can anyone suggest what I might have changed that would cause this?

What is the easiest way on FC3 to have different wifi/ethernet settings at home and at work?

Am I asking the right questions?

Frank.