RE: HDD DMA error and system hangs - FC3.

 *** work around by disabling cache writes to filesystem in the mount.  ***

    I think the term was actually "buffer writes to the filesystem."  At least that is the option I remember de-selecting in the mount setup page on Webmin, which I use to administer my servers.  I am at a customer facility today with no access to my systems or even a Fedora box to check the mount syntax for that.  The errors below are the exact same thing I was seeing on one of my SCSI caching raid setups, which immediately disappeared as soon as I selected the no buffering writes option.

    It was quite odd because the problem only cropped up under heavy I/O.  That particular subsystem had recently been performing flawlessly on a different server running RHEL 3.0, so it took awhile to figure out what was going on.  I'm inclined to believe there is a bug in there somewhere.

    Depending on caching controller/disk factors as well as system RAM available for that, it may not make much sense to use system RAM for disk caching in some cases anyway.

Sorry can't be further help right now...
Nov 26 04:07:23 end_request: I/O error, dev hdh, sector 13071628

 Cheers,

Paul

message and its attachments and notify Space Imaging immediately.