Fedora Core 3 - Nvidia and bttv

Concerning

Recently I did an upgrade of Red Hat 9, finally, on the first operating system of three, on my multiple boot Pentium 3 - 1000.  This box has a Nvidia Ti-4200 and a WinFast 2000 XP TV card.  Wasting alot of time trying to get these running, I'd like to point out the solutions, and get a better solution for the TV-card.
  First the Nvidia snafu.  Never have or had a problem in Fedora Core 2, my second O.S. or with SuSe with it's fantastic YAST component.  Doing all the Core 2 Nvidia readme procedures yielded a X-server no start.   I finally found a work around that worked for me, though I did not get as severe an error.  I advise anyone with a similar problem to do solution 1 and 2 at the page http://www.dhonnlushine.com/fc3-nvidia.html  :
Solution 1
    We now know that Nvidia fails when you start redhat graphical boot. Here's how to disable it forever:
    First, login as root and edit /etc/grub.conf by removing "rhgb" from the "kernel" line:
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-1.667 ro root=/dev/hda2 quiet rhgb
    Then, edit the /etc/rc.local file to load the nvidia driver. To do that append the line below:
/sbin/modprobe nvidia
    Lastly, reboot the computer and you're done!

Solution 2
    udev is a new feature and apparently its not known to the latest nvidia linux drivers.
    Here's how to let fc3 know about the nvidia drivers (login as root)
cp -a /dev/nvidia* /etc/udev/devices
reboot

Although I did not have to remove "quiet rhgb"

The other ssnafu was with my WInFast 2000 XP which Linux has always misidentified the tuner type.    During installation of Core3, I let it do my tvcard, which caused the tuner type to be stuck on the value 5 when it should be 2.  When using modprobe command to change it, dmesg revealed that the request was ignored.   Using "rmmod bttv" and the "/sbin/modprobe card=34 tuner=2" works to set the tuner from superuser terminal in KDE.   Does anyone know how to force the bootup to not load tuner=5?  IT does not work if inserted in modprobe.conf and rmmod does not work in that file.
Thanks in advance for a solution.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.