Re: Coldfusion MX Installer problem

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:46:57 +0100, Andre Speelmans <andre@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >>I would install the package ncompress, which contains the file
> >>uncompress. See if that helps.
>
> > Didn't work. Although it's nice to have that command back. I'd made a
> > symbolic link to gunzip since I didn't find that command and couldn't
> > remember which package it was in. But I deleted the link, installed
> > ncompress and tried to install it again and still it wouldn't work.
>
> Did it give the same error? Otherwise it may be a corrupted file. The
> error complains about not being able to uncompress vm.tar.Z. Can you
> unpack it manually?
>
> > Any other ideas?
>
> Not that many :(
>
> > I've heard of people running it on Fedora Core 3 I
> > just wish they'd tell me how they got it to install.
>
> I'm not running it, so I can't tell you if it's possible or not.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> André
>
> --

Same error. The installer is one file. I don't know how to unpack
anything manually with it. It's a self installer. Hadn't had much
experience with those on *nix. It could be a corrupted file. I tried
downloading it twice. If it's corrupted at the source or something in
my download process is corrupting it I don't know. I can try to
download it again later using different stuff and see if it works
then.

--
"We should have a way of telling people they have bad breath without
hurting their feelings. Like: Well I'm bored. Let's go brush our