Apache 1.3.33 Problem

Hi All

I installed FC3 in server mode but did not select the
option to install the web server. Instead I downloaded

Apache 1.3.33 and mod_perl 1.29 and did the install as
documented on the perl.apache.org site. I installed
the server with the local user option.

My problem: Everything appeared to install correctly.
When I bring up the brower on the server console and
goto http://localhost:8080 (and 10.209.xxx.xxx:8080) I
see the default welcome page as expected.

However, when I goto a system on the same subnet,
bring up a browser and  goto the same
12.209.xxx.xxx:8080  address, I get either get cannot
connect errors or page cannot be displayed errors.
There are no interesting messages in the web server
logs.

Anybody have an idea what is wrong here?

TIA

Randy