Re: Successful M$ products on Fedora

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 17:13, Lotsa Cabo wrote:
> I have a friend that I want badly to switch from M$ to FC3 (or RH).
> He is married to a few programs that he refuses to loose.  I know what
> is LISTED, but I am curious if anyone actually has these up and
> running...
>
>     Microsoft Money (hopefully 2003)
>     Microsoft Outlook (either 2000, 2003, or XP)
>     Trillian Pro v2.x
>     either Front Page or DreamWeaver
>     iTunes
>
> Any input would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.codeweavers.com/site/products/

Crossover Office will install these apps, Can't really answer for iTunes
as I never used it before.  Below is a list of comparable apps to the
ones listed that I use on FC2. Each is directly (or almost directly)
comparable to the M$ versions and run natively.  I personally try to
avoid emulation and use what is available natively.

Evolution over Outlook.

GAIM (also available for windon't) or Kopete over Trillian

nvu nvu.com (available for windon't) over Dreamweaver/FP

As for iTunes I don't use it all and stick to xmms or mplayer.

Money never used, gnucash might be a good enough replacement.

Also FYI,  HTML to this list is a bad idea.  Read the  archives as to
why.
--
Mike Ramirez <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>