Re: MP3 Players

Michael A. Peters wrote:

The GStreamer player I like best is called gamp.
It works very well for me, though it could use some polish. It also will play aac files with the (just released) 0.8.6 version of the gstreamer aac plugins.

GStreamer backend needs mp3 support just as xmms does, you can get the plugin from livna.org - or I also package the plugin in my yum repository (along with other gstreamer plugins and apps - I'm in love with GStreamer, did I mention I think it's the media backend of the future? ;) - http://mpeters.us/linux/fc3_gstreamer.php

Just wondering whether you had had any luck with the Monkey Audio plugin and with which player. I installed "gstreamer-monkeysaudio" several days ago, but have not succeeded in being able to listen to APE files with rhythmbox.