Re: xorg.conf nx7000 dual head problem

I had this same problem with Amilo D8830 laptop.
This laptop has ATI Radeon Mobility 9000 M9 graphic controller,
and I have a Viewsonic VP201S TFT -monitor in the external
VGA connector.

Try adding the option:

Option      "MonitorLayout" "LVDS, CRT"

into the primary Videocard0 Device section.
More options are available with: "man radeon"

If you take a look at the xorg log file at
/var/log/Xorg.0.log you can probably find a line
"(WW) Only one monitor detected, primary screen will NOT be created"
or similar.

This configuration is working ok for me otherwise, but
for some unknown reason I can't use mode 5 as the default
runlevel in the /etc/inittab anymore. The boot process will 'hang'
in the end of the rc5.d scripts and never opens the gdm screen.

If I set the runlevel at 3, login in text mode and
use "startx" to start X everything works ok.

My xorg.conf is available at:
<URL:http://korpese.pp.fi/xorg.conf>

-- seppo

information contained in this message may be privileged   and confidential
and protected from disclosure.  If the   reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or an   employee or agent responsible for delivering
this message to   the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
reproduction, dissemination or distribution of this   communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received   this communication in error,
please notify us immediately by   replying to the message and deleting it
from your computer.    Thank you.  Tellabs