Re: Sendmail AUTH using ldap changed ?

Neil Marjoram wrote:
I have two mail systems almost identical, accept one is FC2 the other FC3. The FC3 is a fresh install to update the FC2 system, so I have copied across all the config files to the new system. I use SMTP AUTH for login of remote users, but alas in FC3 this does not work. I use my LDAP server to supply login details, but it seems that cyrus-sasl no longer seems to use this method, but insists it uses the salsdb2 database.

I have found the documentation for this which suggests altering the Sednmail.conf file in /var/lib/sasl2 to pwcheck_method: PAM, but all I get in the log file is this error :
sendmail[10334]: unable to open Berkeley db /etc/sasldb2: No such file or directory
sendmail[10334]: unable to open Berkeley db /etc/sasldb2: No such file or directory
sendmail[10334]: no secret in database
sendmail[10334]: unknown password verifier
sendmail[10334]: Password verification failed
sendmail[10334]: unknown password verifier

If I set this back to standard pwcheck_method:saslauthd, it gives this error :

sendmail[10613]: unable to open Berkeley db /etc/sasldb2: No such file or directory
sendmail[10613]: unable to open Berkeley db /etc/sasldb2: No such file or directory
sendmail[10613]: no secret in database
sendmail[10613]: cannot connect to saslauthd server: No such file or directory
sendmail[10613]: Password verification failed
sendmail[10613]: cannot connect to saslauthd server: No such file or directory

The old FC2 system has the pwcheck_method set in this way and works fine.

Can anyone help me with this ?

I don't know if this'll work but try:

/usr/lib/sasl2/Sendmail.conf:
pwcheck_method:saslauthd

/etc/sysconfig/saslauthd
MECH=pam
or
MECH=ldap

and restart saslauthd:
# chkconfig saslauthd on
# service saslauthd start

This is based on guesswork since I don't use ldap at all myself.

Paul.