Re: FC2 and RPM

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 21:51:47 -0600 (CST), you wrote:

>Oh you mean - install some RPM built for SUSE 8.0 on FC3?

er, yes - I thought you could do that.

Otherwise Linux is worse than Windoze DLL hell

>So, the safest thing is to use RPMs built for your distribution.

so where do I find the right stuff for FC2?  The up2date process
points me to RHN, which appears to be utterly irrelevant to Fedora.

This all started when I tried to play an MP3 file, and found XMMS had
been "nobbled".  6 months ago on FC1 I did indeed download an RPM off
the web and install it, and it worked.  Can't remember how I did it.
Perhaps I'll give up and go back to stinky old XP.

:-)