Re: FC3 Seems to "Freeze" sometimes

On 11/24/2004 05:10:13 AM, Colin O'Flynn wrote:
Hello,

I'm having a wierd to me problem with FC3. It occasionally seems to
stop
responding for periods of time. I can't click on anything with the
mouse,
then eventually it starts responding again.

Some useful information:

-Using KDE
-Using nvidia driver

I had it freeze up on me once - I'm using gnome, and the stock nv driver.

It freezed up during xscreensaver while verifying who I was.
I did not wait for it to unfreeze, I could not get to another virtual console - so I hard restarted.

Anyway - I booted into a different /root - and looked at both the X11 log and the messages log - and could not determine the problem. Maybe I should have waited and seen wether it cleared itself up.