Re: message from terminal about md5sum and I don't know how to understand it

yahya John Lorenzen wrote:
Hi

Im sorry to ask again...

But really I have a hard time to see what my mistake please see your
self...

Where are your ISO files? Which directory did you download them to? You need to give md5sum the name of the ISO file(s) you want to check.

[root@dhcppc0 root]# md5sum <FC3-i386-disc3.iso>
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
[root@dhcppc0 root]# md5sum <FC3-i386-disc4.iso>
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
[root@dhcppc0 root]# md5sum FC3-i386-disc4.iso
md5sum: FC3-i386-disc4.iso: Ingen sådan fil eller filkatalog
[root@dhcppc0 root]# md5sum /root/FC3-i386-disc4.iso
md5sum: /root/FC3-i386-disc4.iso: Ingen sådan fil eller filkatalog
[root@dhcppc0 root]# md5sum root/FC3-i386-disc4.iso
md5sum: root/FC3-i386-disc4.iso: Ingen sådan fil eller filkatalog
[root@dhcppc0 root]#

What am i doing wrong now?

As somebody mentioned earlier, it would be a very good idea for you not to be running as user "root", especially since you are not sure about what you are doing. Have you created an account for another user?

Paul.