Re: missing Tomcat RPM and alternatives

My experience has been that the binaries from the Jakarta site work fine, what bothered me initially is that the install was too simple - I didn't believe what it was saying in the README as I had done allot of work in the past with Tomcat and it wasn't that easy then!

Shame they were removed though.

Neil.

sz beam wrote:

Just trying to get tomcat and JDK installed to play around with, I find the RPM has been removed as of FC3. Anyone know why, exactly? Are there any repo's that have it, or would you recommend installing the binaries off the Jakarta site?

thanks

-- Neil Marjoram Systems Manager Adastral Park Campus University College London Ross Building Adastral Park Martlesham Heath Ipswich - Suffolk IP5 3RE

Tel: 01473 663711
Fax: 01473 635199