Re: pine from Dag Wieers's site crashes on FC3!

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Globe Trotter wrote:

> The following pine segmentation faults for me on FC3.
>
> [7:58am]:~> pine
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> [7:58am]:~> pine -v
> Pine 4.61 built Mon Nov 15 07:58:08 EST 2004 on lisse.leuven.wieers.com
>
> However, uninstalling and then reinstalling the pine RPM from the University of
> Washington site works fine.
>
> [7:58am]:~> pine -v
> Pine 4.61 built Thu Jul 15 14:22:16 PDT 2004 on shivax.cac.washington.edu

If you want things to be fixed, you'll have to tell it to the right
people. By coincidence I noticed this mail, but I would appreciate it if
you mailed me. I would have told you you were the first one to report it.

In this case I would have asked you to forward it to the Pine developers
as they may have some tips for getting the root-cause of the problem. (BTW
it does not crash here)

It may also be relevant to tell exactly when it crashes or other
information like what package is working for you now. You can also include
me in the bugreport, I have a buildlog available that may help them to
understand what's different from their build.

Most likely the binary you're using now was not build on Fedora Core 3 and
one of the libraries or maybe the compiler is the cause of it crashing on
your system. Using another package may work for you, but it will not get
anything fixed.

Kind regards,
--   dag wieers,  dag@xxxxxxxxxx,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --