Re: real player 10 and nvidia NFORCE2 sound chipset

Carlo Orecchia wrote:
> i have problems using real player 10 with the nforce sound chipset. If I
> use a sound card like a creative pci 64 everything works fine. But with
> the onboard sound chipset real player hangs at some point when reproducing
> a file. The audio stops and the image is played very very slow.
> Does anybody have any clue why this is happening?

Can you take a look at the top program (from the shell) while you're
using "Real Player"?

I'd be interested to note what happens to the CPU percentages: does the
system spend a long time under "sy"stem, or is it all "us"er?

Also keep an eye on exactly which programs are taking up system time.

Are you playing "Real Media", or are you playing MP3s?

James.

--
E-mail address: james | The camel has a single hump;
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | The dromedary two;