Re: LCD screen resolution problem

Truls wrote:
| Hi there,
| I did experience the same problem on my desktop.  The problem was that
| system-config-display did not update the xorg.conf file correctly.  Go
| to /etc/X11/ , open the xorg.conf file and verify that you have the
| correct parameters for your video card.  If not change it.

I have exactly the same problem with my Dell I7000 laptop. It has a
15" 1024x768 LCD screen. The video card is ATI RAGE LT PRO, which
the system settings dialog box allows me to change if I want to.

In the dialog box to choose the monitor, the accept button is greyed out
(ie disabled) and the only option is 'Cancel'.
The list of monitors is displayed, and I can scroll down and select one,
for example the Generic LCD option, but I can't apply it because the
button is greyed out. I can't even apply the Generic CRT option.

The result is that I only have the choice of 800x600 and 640x480.

I've looked at the /etc/x11/xorg.conf file but I can't see an obvious
way to change this manually. Any ideas, anyone?

Regards,
Tom