Re: do I need SELinux?

Daniel J Walsh wrote:
Jim Cornette wrote:

Steven Stern wrote:

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 01:49:39 -0500, Jim Cornette <fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

fixfiles relabel comes back with a command not found. I am using up2date to get the strict policy and to see if any deps are pulled in which include fixfiles

I have the same issue on the upgraded machine. OTOH, I installed FC3 on a
brand new Compaq yesterday. SELinux seems to be working and happy.

I never had SELinux installed on this computer before. I remember downloading a host of programs and dropping to a shell, then performing the fixfiles relabel, which did restore my computer to a usable SELinux state.

What surprised me is that neither installing selinux-policy-targeted or selinux-policy-strict pulled in any needed dep for selinux to include the fixfiles utility. The below listed are all that ended up being installed. I'll have to search the SELinux list archivs for the list of programs that contain fixfiles.

selinux-policy-targeted-1.17.31-1
libselinux-1.19.1-3
selinux-policy-strict-1.17.30-2

Running in permissive because of the missing fixfiles and no logs or httpd specific corrections.

Jim

Fixfiles is part of policycoreutils which is required by policy source packages but not the regular policy package in FC3.
I will add policycoreutils as a required part of the policy rpms, this will force it to be pulled in, since not having the tools to
relabel makes the policy file pretty useless.

Dan

Thanks! This should make things work better.
Now, I have no avc errors with targeted after the relabeling process that was automated through selections in system-config-securitylevel. I'm back to having logs and running in enforcing mode vs permissive mode.

Jim

--
I allow the world to live as it chooses, and I allow myself to live as I
choose.