Re: FC3 soundmax audio in HP d530 drivers

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stewart Walker" <swalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2004 6:23 AM
Subject: FC3 soundmax audio in HP d530 drivers

> Hi,
>
> Having a pretty rough go getting the audio to work on this HP d530 w/intel
> processor workstation. WinXP reports the audio card is a soundmax works
> great. FC3 loads some intel drivers there are fluttering sounds from the
> speakers but I'm sure the improper drivers are loaded as nothing works.

My system has a soundmax using the intel AC-97 chipset. I had some troubles
getting this card working on Fedora 2 and 3, but here is how I resolved it.
In /etc/modprobe.conf I had it load the snd-intel8x0 alsa module.
In /etc/hotplug/blacklist I added snd-intel8x0 to the list of drivers to not
hotplug.
Finally, I saved my changes, rebooted, and then turned up the volume in the
Gnome volume control and it worked.
Maybe this will help you as well.