Re: configuring shells at tty1 to tty6

Hi Fabio,

Sure edit grub.conf and add the text "vga=792" to the kernel line:
(i.e.-> kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-1.3_FC2 ro root=LABEL=/ vga=792 )

If you want to syslog all of the emergency messages to tty6 you could do something like this:

Edit syslog.conf and change
*.emerg		/dev/tty6

(note there are two tabs between the *.emerg and /dev/tty6)

You can change any of the log levels like that.

Afterwards just HUP or restart syslog

HTH,
Harry

fmdf@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello.

I'd like to login and to use shells at terminals tty1 to tty6, but before I can do it I need to solve two problems.

The first is about the size of characters (resolution?). They are too large. I recall that when I used Slackware and booted with LILO I could set that property (I am not sure now, but I think with "vga=nnn"). How can I do that in FC2 with GRUB?

The second problem is with console messages. I can't work with the above-mentioned terminals because they print a lot of console messages.
I know that I can write "dmesg -n 2", but I would like to regularly have them in tty12 to be read. How can I configure the log daemons at startup in order to send all critical messages (the ones with a level up to 'n'?) only to tty12 and to let the other terminals free from noise?

I thank you all. Ciao,

Fabio