[FC3] Switching GUI terminals fails

Hi all;

I like to use the multiple X login feature, that is, logging in to GNOME
as usual, then dropping to terminal 5 and doing a "startx -- :8" to
launch another session of GNOME on terminal 8. This worked fine in FC1
and 2, but now in 3, the second session launches fine, and  can switch
back to the first session on 7, but when switching back to the session
on 8 I only get a flashing cursor. Dropping to another terminal, and
doing a ps ux, I can see that X and GNOME are running on 8, but I can't
get the GUI to come back. Any ideas? This happens on all three of my
machines.

Thanks,

-P