Re: Fedora for non-intel platforms?

On Saturday 20 November 2004 11:37, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> I kind of vaugly remember seeing somewhere that there might be release of
> Fedora other than i386 and x86_64.  Is this correct?  Were there any plans
> on doing something like that, and are there still any plans to do it?  I'm
> currently running Debian on UltraSPARC, but I'd love to switch to Fedora,
> if it existed for SPARC/UltraSPARC platform...

Have you seen Ubuntu? It's w one-CD distro based on Debian; pretty much all of
Sarge is built for Ubuntu and available to download.

It's not available for UltraSPARC atm, but some on the list have indicated
interest in making it so.

For the record it currently supports IA32, AMD-64, PPC (Newworld Powermac).

It really is easy to install and use, and there's a lot of people reckon it's
better than FC.

--
Cheers
John