Re: FC3: "No soundcards detected"

Gustavo Seabra wrote:
Thanks Mike,

I tried the Hardware Browser, and put the results down here. Interestingly, there are 3 mentions of (apparently) the same device, all 3 very similar, but none really is my soundcard! Also, the same device is cited as a soundcard and as unknown! I think I will post this at the developer's list. Thanks.

Sound Cards:
Selected Device: CS4236B - CSC000 [note that my soundcard should be CS4237B]
Device Information
Manufacturer: Unknown
Driver: snd-cs4236

Unknownd Devices:
   Selected Device: CS4236B - CDC000f
   Device Information:
      Manufacturer: Unknown
      Driver: ns-558

   Selected Device: CS4236B - CSC0010
   Device Information:
      Manufacturer: Unknown
      Driver: Unknown

Interesting, I also see two devices in the unknown category (didn't look there before :-) Both are labeled as Onboard PnP Audio, one is CSC0101 with driver ns558 and the other is CSC0103 with driver unknown. Since the Crystal audio stuff also has Midi and joystick capabilities I will presume that is what these two entries are for?

In any case if you make some progress in this I would be most interested. Sound may not be significant but it is nice.

Mike