Re: tkpppoe - Possible noob question, but direction would be nice.

Am Sa, den 20.11.2004 schrieb sean Patzer um 9:19:

> Okay, I got roaring penguin to compile and it installs. I can then
> launch and configure the application. However I cannot manage to get a
> successful connection. When I follow the same procedure under Ubuntu, I
> have all the luck in the world. tkpppoe compiles, runs and connects.
> Does anyone have any leads as to what may be causing the failure to
> connect ? If this is not the prefered methodology for connection, what
> would the prefer method for FC3 be ?

> Sean Patzer, MCSE.

Why do you compile the rp-pppoe? Don't you know that Fedora ships with
it as an RPM: rp-pppoe-3.5-22.i386.rpm? Just use that and configure the
internet connection by using system-config-network. Be sure you delete
all installed stuff from the source install be fore you install the RPM.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 17:57:45 up 12:45, 16 users, 0.24, 0.20, 0.15