acpi_power_off called .... but does not shut down

Tom Coburn wrote:
has anyone found a fix for the  acpi  problem in FC3 yet?

in Fedora Core 3, when I run shutdown -h now

it tries to halt the system, but gets to:

power down.
acpi_power_off called.

then just HANGS there.

has anyone found a fix for this yet?

just wondered.  I know there's a bugzilla report about it, but I was
just wondering if anyone found a fix for it yet.

thanks.

I have the problem also and am baffled with it not powering off the unit now. My logs did not show an lead to this problem.

There is a patch submitted or referenced in the bug report. If the patch works, then pushing out a conforming kernel might be in the works. I just hold the power button in on my ze4315us without hyperthreading and the computer powers down.

I hope that other acpi items are not effected as well. I would hate for thermal runaway to kill the box because of other broken items within acpi.

Jim

--
To err is human, to forgive is against company policy.