Re: Distribution method - could there be a better way?

> ------------------------------
>

> It has occurred to me that there must be a better way to distribute a package
> of software such as Fedora Core, so I thought I'd post my thoughts and see
> what others think of them.

> Does this seem like a sensible way to go?
>
> Reactions, please.

This works nicely if you have an Internet connection that you can
dedicate for an installation.  I discovered that Windows XP does this on
a fresh installation from CD.  It was neat to see the installer skip the
old bits in the CAB and get updated drivers over the network.

But if I had a slow connection, I think this would prevent me from
installing Fedora.  There's something to be said for having a set of CDs
or a DVD that one can use to install or reinstall without any "outside
help".

Call me old fashioned, but I like the security of having physical media
around for when things go very wrong.   Erik