Re: Problems with sound drivers in Fedora Core 3

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 07:40:15PM -0500, Greg Lobring wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 12:06:55 +1000, david walcroft
> <david_walcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Lane,
> >         I have an Audigy card using the EMU10k1 driver and had a problem
> > similar to yours my cure was to disable a check box (gnome-alsamixer) called
> > "Audigy Analog/Digital Output Jack" then I got sound.
> >
> >       david
>
> David, could you elaborate a little more and describe how exactly you
> did this? I don't see a check box anywhere.

Since I just ran into this (see my own post before I spotted this
thread), I'll add my thoughts here.  In KDE, fire up KMix and go to the
Switches tab.  There you will find a toggle for "Audigy Analog/Digital
Output Jack".  Turn that off.

When playing CDs with KsCD, I found that I had configure it for direct
digital playback and now everything seems to work.

So far, so good...

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA