RE: Tripwire Update Error(gedit)

Mark Sargent wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> newbie here, so, let me check that with you,

No prob, we all started sometime. Only some forget about that :-)

> Run xhost +CLIENTNAME as root, or as general user and then the below
command
> as root, yes..? Is that with or without the "+"

Nope, if you are logged in as mark you have to run it as mark. Let me
give you an example...

if you hostname is orihime the command run as mark should be

   xhost +orihime

This will tell your X session to allow connections from host orihime.

Then as root (if root runs that script) type

   export DISPLAY=orihime:0

This will allow root to open X applications on Display 0 on orihime.

> export DISPLAY=CLIENTNAME:0
>
> Thanx, Alex.

You're more than welcome!

> Mark Sargent.

Alex

Hi All,

Alex, it's you and people lke you, that make the learning so much easier.
Cheers.

Mark Sargent.