Re: List etiquette question

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, John Burton wrote:

*Requiring* people to "trim" and "bottom-post" before you respond to
them is a bit like *requiring* them to get a sheet of parchment and
India ink and write it out long hand. You can do it if you want, but
you risk being viewed as intolerant and focused on "form" over
"content".

i see.  so requiring people to take the time to be courteous and
efficient in their communication before you *volunteer* your non-paid
time to help them out of the goodness of your heart is "intolerant"?
don't tell me, let me guess.  you're a republican.

And before you get out your flame throwers and flame me as a newbie,
I've been dealing with e-mail, mailing lists and newsgroups since
before USENET & ARPA.NET were developed, back in the bbs & uucp
days...

and in all that time, you've apparently learned nothing.  damned
shame, that.

rday

Die thread. Die!!!

--