Re: removing old kernels

Mark Bradford wrote:
rpm -qa | grep kernel shows the old kernel is gone???? For some reason, as I initially stated, rpm seemed to not want to remove it, but I guess it did. Thanks for the input.

If you did "rpm -e kernel", that it attempted to remove *all* three kernels you had installed. I don't know what's rpm going to do in this case (simply exit, remove all but one (probably a random choice?), something else).

What you wanted to do is to first get the list of all installed kernel packages, and then specifically remove the ones that you don't need.

  rpm -q kernel
  rpm -e kernel-version-1 kernel-version-2

Where version-1 and version-2 are kernel versions that you wanted to remove.

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited