[FC3] NFS connection times out?

This is a simple setup that worked flawlessly with FC2. On a small
network (two desktops and a laptop connected with a Netgear FR114P
router), desktop one serves home directories to desktop two through NFS.
I just do the typical fstab share as is explained in the Red Hat online
docs for RH9. The problem is that sometimes desktop two seems to lock
up, and when I ssh into desktop two as one of the users (whose home is
on desktop one), I can't make the connection, but if I ssh in as root, I
can get onto desktop two. So it appears that desktop two hasn't locked
up, it has just lost the NFS connection to desktop one. All three
machines are FC3 updated.

Any ideas or things to try? Unfortunately this is an intermittent
problem.

-P