ok...first, for what it's worth:
[root@rbmain conf]# cat /etc/sysconfig/mouse
FULLNAME="Generic - Wheel Mouse (PS/2)"
MOUSETYPE="imps2"
XEMU3="no"
XMOUSETYPE="IMPS/2"
DEVICE=/dev/input/mice
[root@rbmain conf]#

the mouse: it's like, if maybe I hit an edge of the screen it goes
bananas...if maybe sometimes if it passes over the task bar it just
starts throwing everything to the screen...then maybe if it happens to
pass at the top of the screen and hits a program menu it just starts to
open up stuff that was never opened...this is not just a constant
deal..I cannot pinpoint it as it's not something that I can make repeat
constantly...that's why I described it as just "flakey"  ummm maybe like
a lady w/pms w/a loaded 45 in her hand?  ::ducking:: hahahaha

that's bout all I can say bout it, Peter,

If there was someway that I knew the exact driver required for this
mouse...I probably have it already installed...I dunno tho...and if I
knew exactly how to install it...or it's path...I could probably tweak
it in xorg.conf

thx
rado

Peter wrote:
Could you describe to us exactly what it is doing?

Peter

>Peter wrote:
>
>What do you have in /etc/sysconfig/mouse ?
("cat /etc/sysconfig/mouse")

>If you run "grep -i device /etc/X11/xorg.conf", do you have a device
>listed for a mouse and what is it?
>
>Peter
>
>rado wrote:
>[root@rbmain conf]# grep -i device /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
>        InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
>Section "InputDevice"
>Section "InputDevice"
>        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
>Section "Device"
>        Device     "Videocard0"
>You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
>
>thx for reply Peter...If I remember right...awhile back I lost my mouse
>config and I used /dev/input/mice as a kluge...knew it wasn't right but
>at least got a mouse back... I really want to get it right tho...
>thx,
>rado
>

>rado wrote:
>

>>I can't say this is is an FC3 specific problem. I seem to have had a
>>

>bad
>

>>mouse driver under FC2 but put it off til I upgraded just to see if it
>>would go away but it has gotten even worse! I mean like the whole
>>

>screen
>

>>just fills up w/this and that or goes blank ...just seems to do
>>

>whatever
>

>>the mouse wants.
>>
>>I need to have some direction on how to change the mouse driver in
FC3.