To: <nos_pamdan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 10:31 PM
Subject: ide tape drive issues

Daniel

For FC2 try (as root):

$ rmmod ide-tape
$ rmmod ide-scsi
$ insmod ide-scsi

Hopefully your tape unit will again appear as an
emulated scsi device.

If it works add to /etc/rc.d/rc.local or pass to
kernel via grub

Under FC3 see the howto on http://fedoranews.org/

Hope this helps

Richard

----- Original Message ----- Daniel wrote:

Hello all,

I have a dell poweredge 600SC that was originally
installed with Redhat 8. I downloaded fedora core 2
and performed an  upgrade to this system. Before the
upgrade the IDE tape drive worked fine  with a SCSI
emulator which comes compiled into the linux kernel by
default. After the upgrade I began to see the
following  error:

root$ mt -f /dev/nst0 status
/dev/nst0: No such  device or address

Get Yahoo! Mail www.yahoo.co.uk/10k