Re: flakey mouse problems (Peter Smith)

Most touchpad mice just emulate a standard mouse.

Peter

Rahn, Lance E wrote:

Will the same work for touchpad mouse, too?

Peter wrote:

What do you have in /etc/sysconfig/mouse ?  ("cat /etc/sysconfig/mouse")

If you run "grep -i device /etc/X11/xorg.conf", do you have a device
listed for a mouse and what is it?

Peter

rado wrote:
[root@rbmain conf]# grep -i device /etc/X11/xorg.conf
       InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
Section "InputDevice"
Section "InputDevice"
       Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Section "Device"
       Device     "Videocard0"
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root

thx for reply Peter...If I remember right...awhile back I lost my mouse
config and I used /dev/input/mice as a kluge...knew it wasn't right but
at least got a mouse back... I really want to get it right tho...
thx,
rado

rado wrote:

I can't say this is is an FC3 specific problem. I seem to have had a

bad

mouse driver under FC2 but put it off til I upgraded just to see if it would go away but it has gotten even worse! I mean like the whole

screen

just fills up w/this and that or goes blank ...just seems to do whatever

the mouse wants.

I need to have some direction on how to change the mouse driver in FC3.
this mouse is just a plain ole logitech wheel mouse and runnin thru a kvm switch but the problem is not the mouse...it works fine in the windows box and the other 2 fedora boxes in this system...just this one box here.

thx,
rado