Re: LVM is installed by default in Fedora Core 3??

fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx escribió el 17/11/2004 19:58:07:

> very useful.

But for example, major network restore/backup partition programs (
partimage, for example ) seems to not support it natively. Actually when i
try to backup a partition over my LAN to central servers, LVM partitions
are not recognized by partimage

(...)
> > > Yes, it is. Your system is using it.
> >
> > That means every body is using it ?
>
> Everyone who does a fresh install and lets the installer partition their
> disk for them.

We need more integration betweeen LVM and evms, to use their gui. Then end
user will be able to add more volumes or extra space to their existing lv,
without dive into lvm* commands under terminal.

I know lvm for several systems, and i use console always, but I like to
know that i use a gui in any moment ( lazy :P )

David Ballester Montolio
GNU/Linux - Unices Sysadmin
Oracle DBA
SAP-BC