Re: Invalid signatures in Evo2

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 19:31 -0600, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> Back again with (probably) another configuration nit. Since upgrading
> from FC1 w/Evolution 1.4.2 to FC3 w/Evolution 2.0.2, I've noticed that
> all the digital signatures on this list are now flagged as invalid. I
> find it hard to believe that there could be so many no-goodniks trying
> to impersonate the fine folks on this list who sign their e-mail. What's
> the real story? (I'm not a digital signer, so that's probably why I'm so
> ignorant about such things.)

Evo will report the signature as invalid if you don't have the signer's
public key in your keyring.

Try clicking on the icon at the left end of the "signature" bar where
it's saying the signature is invalid. A "Security Information" box will
appear, and one of the lines will read "gpg: Signature made ...
using ... key ID xyz" You need to add that key to your keyring to be
able to check the signature.

$ gpg --recv-key xyz

Next time you see a signature from that poster, it should say "Valid
signature" for their mail, though it will probably also say "cannot
verify sender". That's another discussion though ;-)

Paul.

--
Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>