Re: How to configure system-config-securitylevel-tui to permit only the internal LAN to access my ADSL router?

Am Do, den 18.11.2004 schrieb Vinicius um 1:31:

> how to configure system-config-securitylevel-tui to permit only the
> internal LAN to access my ADSL router and to block the others, please?
>
> TIA, Vinicius.

You can't by using this tool.

I guess the ADSL router is your Fedora machine (else the question would
not make much sense in it's form) and you have 2 network cards and thus
2 ethernet devices in the Fedora based router. You will have to have
some clue about the iptables syntax to make the necessary changes to the
existing /etc/sysconfig/iptables set of rules. As the FORWARD chain uses
the same rules as the INPUT chain it would break the forwarding of the
router if you limit the traffic by adding "-s $INTERNAL_NET" to the
ACCEPT rule lines. Running a router you should get in touch with
iptables itself (www.netfilter.org). Though there are tools like
firestarter which are mightier than the system-config tool and for those
which prefer click&run over hand editing a plain text file.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 02:33:32 up 4:19, 16 users, 0.69, 0.50, 0.59