My applications can't see the Internet connection

Hi.
I'd like to tell you that I like your Linux Fedora very much. But I also have a little problem with it: I tried to connect to the Internet trough kppp and everything was ok, I mean that I really was connected to the Internet. The problem is that my application don't see my Internet connection. For instance, when I open my Web Browser (Opera or Mozilla or any) I can't see any web page 'cause my Web Browser can't see the network. Note that I am connecting directly to the Internet and not trough a proxy.
I am sure you'll be helping me.
Thanks

Marte il guerriero
e-mail: martethewarrior82@xxxxxxxxx