Re: FC2 and RPM

Michael Schwendt wrote:

That you found a package, which apparently has not been included in
any of the widely-known repositories, makes yum/up2date "not useful"?
What a weird argument! :-o With those tools you get easy access not only
to all packages in the distribution itself, but also to several
hundreds of extra packages.

No...
I'm saying that if a package is not mirrored somewhere i does not open a local mirror for installing it with yum, but I simply use rpm...
If I need a software I install it in anyway I found, i know that yum/pat are usefull but i'm not yum/apt "dependent"...