Re: USB drives

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:59:19 -0500, J. Michael Morse
<mmorse757@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When I do a Google for 'Fedora Core 2 usb drives', all of the
> displayed results point to articles on booting from a USB drive.
> All I want to do is have read/write access to my USB driver.
>
> Do I have to edit the /etc/fstab file?  Any links to a web site
> or links to a HOW TO file would be appreciated.

Open a terminal as root and type: tail -vf /var/log/messages

Then plug in the usb device, you should see some info scroll up the
screen in there should be somthing like sda1 thats your device.

Now just make the dir you want to mount to and mount the drive.

HTH
Pybe